Chocolate Covered Christmas ~ Day 2
When my kids were little, every Christmas Eve, they would put on their Christmas jammies, grab pillows and blankets and a little travel cup of hot cocoa and we would get in the car and drive around looking at Christmas lights while we listened to 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. I always loved that night! This recipe for Hot Cocoa has been tucked in my recipe book for a long time. It's on a little piece of paper in my daughter Lauren's handwriting. I will never rewrite it. I thought it would be fun to share it for Chocolate Covered Christmas. These days we love dark chocolate so I substituted that for milk chocolate. You can use whatever you prefer.
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 8 ounces of good quality dark, semi-sweet or milk chocolate finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped Cream or Marshmallows
- Bring milk to simmer.
- Put chocolate, sugar, and vanilla in a blender.
- Add simmering milk and blend until foamy and chocolate is melted.
- Serve topped with [url href="http://lesliereese.com/?p=2506&/easyrecipe-print/2506-0/" target="_blank"]marshmallows[/url] or whipped cream.