Summer is a busy time of year for us. We do a lot of traveling and entertaining and we love to spend time with family and friends. We travel back and forth to the beach quite a bit and we are always cooking something. Kicking off evenings with Happy Hour has become somewhat of a tradition and serving snacks and drinks that are easy to put together is the key to making sure everyone can relax.
Last week I shared a recipe for Roasted Peppers & Olives with Fresh Basil. I used basil from the herb garden on my patio. Today I'm going to share a recipe that uses fresh rosemary. These Roasted Rosemary Cashews are quick and easy to make and they are a great Happy Hour snack!
This recipe is similar to the recipe for the famous Bar Nuts served at Union Square Cafe in New York City. I have heard that these nuts were amazing but honestly, when we went to the Union Square Cafe to try them, it was very crowded and we decided not to stick around that night. Needless to say, I was really excited to find a recipe for a similar version on Food Network. I adapted it just slightly and I do think you could use any assortment of nuts. It's just a matter of preference.
|Roasted Rosemary Cashews||
- 1 1/2 pounds cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread nuts onto baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes until nuts are warm. Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl until combined. Add warm nuts and toss until nuts are coated.
- Serve warm.
~You can make the nuts ahead of time and store them in an airtight container to save time before a party.