Chocolate Covered Christmas ~ Day 4
When I was going through my recipes to put together the list for Chocolate Covered Christmas, I decided it wouldn't be complete without this recipe for Triple Chocolate Cake. I have been making this cake for a long time. My children's grandmother made it years ago and shared it with me. It's been a favorite ever since. It's one of those cakes that is so easy to make, it's ridiculous. It starts with a box mix and ends with a moist chocolate cake that is hard to beat with a scratch version. It's so good all by itself it doesn't need frosting, which makes it even easier, but if you want to top it off, by all means, go for it!
- 1 package chocolate ( pudding in the mix ) cake mix
- 1 package ( 4 servings) Jello instant chocolate pudding
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 12 oz package chocolate chips
- confectioner's sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix by hand until well blended.
- Pour batter into greased 10" tube or bundt pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar if desired.
The snowflakes on top of the cake were simply made by piping royal icing onto parchment paper in a snowflake shape. Once they were dry, I carefully glued them on top of the cake with a dot of icing.