Chocolate Covered Christmas ~ Day 7
Today I am giving you a recipe that is not as "chocolate" as the ones I have posted so far, but every bit as delicious. This Chocolate Chip Cheesecake recipe is another family favorite and has been around a long time. The Oreo cookie crust is topped with a layer of cheesecake and sprinkled with mini chocolate chips, giving it just a touch of chocolate flavor. It's simple to make which is a plus this time of year! It will slice easier and taste better once it sits in the fridge for a little while so make it ahead of time if you can. Four to six hours is great but a day ahead is even better.
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo cookies crushed ( about 20 )
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3-8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Mix crushed cookies with melted butter. Press into a spring form pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, milk, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, toss 1/2 cup chocolate chips in 1 teaspoon of flour, Add to cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top of cheesecake. Do not mix in.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Once cheesecake is cool, place in refrigerator with pan until ready to serve. Remove outside of spring form pan before cutting.