This post is going to be short but sweet! Thanksgiving is only days away. Soon most of us will be gathering with family and friends to enjoy good food and great company. It’s an awesome weekend that can also be very busy. There are so many things to think about and lots of food to prepare. So when it comes to cocktails, I’m keeping it simple. I found a great recipe for a Fall Sangria on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago. It’s a little different than the Sangria recipes I shared this summer. It has the taste of fall with apple cider, bourbon and cinnamon. I made it for a party that I was having and it was amazing so I shared the original link on my Facebook page. I decided to share it here on the blog too in case you missed it. It’s perfect because it can be made in a large batch ahead of time and most people like it. So easy! Oh and if you want to jazz it up a bit for the holidays, just dress up the glasses like I did with cinnamon sticks tied with lemon and orange peels. All you need is a lemon zester. A simple trick that makes a huge difference!
[url href="http://www.nerve.com/advice/drink-this-cocktail-fall-sangria" target="_blank"]Adapted from the recipe by Alicia from Tuffet[/url]
- 2 oranges, cut into small pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into small pieces
- 2 apples, cut into small pieces
- 1-2 cup bourbon
- ½ cup triple sec
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bottles Sauvignon Blanc
- 3 cups apple cider
- Combine all ingredients except the wine and apple cider in a container and allow to marinate at least a day.
- A few hours before serving, combine mixture with 2 bottles of Sauvignon Blanc and 3 cups apple cider in a punch bowl or larger container and adjust to taste.
- Garnish with chopped apples, cinnamon sticks or citrus peels (optional)
- Makes enough for a small party or a medium-sized punch bowl.
*the original recipe includes 3-4 teaspoons of hot sauce which I omitted. Feel free to add that if you want the extra kick!