It's hard to believe June is upon us! I don't know where the time goes but it seems like every time I blink, another year goes by! My house is buzzing right now. There are kids home from college, a wedding coming up and people coming and going every day. It's total chaos and I love it! Everyone has a different schedule though so planning meals can be tough with a full house. It's a challenge to keep the pantry and fridge stocked let alone have something prepared when someone needs a quick meal. There are certain things that are great to have on hand during busy times and pasta salad is one of them. It's inexpensive, easy to make in large quantities and tastes great, especially when you have a recipe like the one I am sharing today. It's an old recipe that has been in my family for several generations. My grandma made it, my mom made it and now I make it. It's simple but delicious.
Small pasta shells, tomatoes and cucumbers are the main ingredients in this recipe.
It's easy to make. Just boil the pasta, rinse it in cold water and drain.
Add chopped cucumber and tomato.
Toss with McCormick Salad Seasoning, onion powder and Wishbone Italian Dressing.
That's it. It doesn't get much easier!
Keep it simple and enjoy!
- 1 pound small pasta shells
- 1 large tomato chopped fine
- 1 cucumber diced
- onion powder
- 1/2 bottle of McCormick Salad Seasoning
- 1 large bottle Wishbone Italian Dressing
- Croutons (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Toss cooked pasta with Salad Seasoning and Dressing.
- Add a sprinkle of onion powder and stir.
- Add cucumber and tomato and toss until combined.
- Add croutons.
- Serve cold.